Friday, June 20, 2008

The Wo's of becoming an adult... and paying for a car

As a Christmas present to myself my senior year of high school I bought myself a car. I had been driving an old white Subaru beater that had an annoying click every time I made a turn, and I decided it was time to upgrade. My grandpa told me about a Gold, Toyota Camry that he had been eyeing at my uncle's dealership in Tremonton. I was desperate and jumped on the opportunity. Without hesitation or a second thought I went to the bank and took out a loan for my first car!

My parents and I drove up to the Murdock Chevrolet in Tremonton and met with my Uncle Cort. We signed all the papers and ventured outside to see my new car.

Bert, was the most handsome Champagne colored '93 Toyota Camry I had ever seen! I fell in love with him at first sight!

Since my big purchase I have spent a little over $4,500 for the loan itself, about $1,500 in repairs and probably more than $1,500 in gas. My good news is: I PAID BERT OFF and it only took me about two in a half years!

I cannot explain my excitement and happiness over getting a debt paid off! Since June 20th, when the final $215 was paid, I have been so ecstatic with the knowledge that through my perseverance and hard work I now have something that is my own- that I worked hard for!

I paid my car off on a Friday and the next day I was blessed with the opportunity of finding an apartment with one of my really good friends! I had been stressing with the idea of getting my car paid off, moving out and having enough money to do it all, but I did, and it was a month ahead of schedule!

It is amazing how Heavenly Father works! He has a way of teaching us very valuable lessons without us even realizing it at the time. I am so grateful for the lessons I have learned, the opportunities I have had, and the people that have helped me in my life to get me to where I am today.

I know that I would not have been able to pay that debt off if I had not been paying my tithing and praying for guidance and help. Gosh! I love my life and my Father in Heaven!!

No comments:

Tunskies