Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My bragging moment

I leave tomorrow night at 12:50 AM for Texas.
I cannot explain how excited I am to see David!! He has given great updates in each of his letters and I cannot wait to meet all of the guys he is working with! He was given a promotion (in a way) his first or second week of BMT. He is the epitome of what a zone leader would be in an LDS mission. He is over a flight of guys and has to make sure they are doing everything they need to, to pass the tests. He has found this tast difficult, but worth while. He has learned MANY great qualities and has grown a lot from being a leader and example.

He has had the opportunity to attend a church service held on Sundays by a missionary couple on the base. He has brought many of his flight members to the service and many have asked him questions about the church and why he gets to wear special boxers. :)
He is a great example to these men and I am so proud of him!

Although he is in a stressful environment, his letters are full of positive things that he is learning from being at Basic training.

Before he left for Basic, I gave him a pocket sized Book of Mormon for him to read. (I bought one for myself and we call it our "Marriage Handbook") He reads from it every night before going to bed and relates the gospel teachings that he learns in his letters to me. He is such a spiritual giant and I have learned so much from him by reading his annotations (as he calls it :))

I cannot wait to support him at his graduation and spend time with him this weekend! There are so many things I want to say to him that I cannot write in letters or say in our short 15 minute converstions, via phone, once a week.

Once graduation is over, he's off to Mississippi for Tech school, but:

March 23rd is a day to mark- The day my latter day Nephi returns home to Utah.

1 comment:

Nate & Mandi said...

SHINA IS GETTING MARRIED!!!! WEIRD!!!! I'm so excited for you! Let me know when it's official and all that jazz!

Tunskies